Why join the PFA?
IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR CHILDREN
- Our own children are our most important possession. You will be a great role model; demonstrating you value their education and school community enough to take part (in any small way you can).
- Research has shown socially, educationally, emotionally your child will benefit the more parents are involved in school life.
IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
- At meetings you can have your say, You can raise concerns, suggest ideas and input how funds are spent.
- You will meet like-minded people who also have their children’s happiness and education as most important. It’s not all hard work; there is a social FUN side too!
- Whether you want to organise an event or simply help out on the day (or before hand), you can utilize existing skills (and time!) and hobbies, and possibly acquire some new ones too.
- You will be IN THE KNOW! You will find out what is going on in school and get to know other members.
IT’S GOOD FOR THE SCHOOL
- Our school more than others is dependent on PFA funds to supplement the school budget. (We are not funded like other schools in the local area).
- You will play an important role in helping acquire key resources as well as rewarding the children ith some well earned treats and the opportunity to socialize with their school friends in school.
- You will help build a sense of community.
Our Aim: To coordinate fund raising and social events for the school community that in turn
supports the school by enhancing the children’s educational experiences either directly or indirectly.
Our Promise: We will work as hard as we can (We are all volunteers!) to encourage and strengthen links between home and school by involving parents in the life of the school and encouraging a two way exchange of information and viewpoints. We will work as a team to make our children's time at St Patrick's a happy one.
Our Ethos: To involve as many people as possible to make any activities or learning opportunities FUN!
“Many hands really do make light work”
Dates and times of 2017 meetings:
All parents/grandparents welcome
Annual General Meeting 19th September The Black Bull, Birstall, 19.00
October PFA meeting 10th October.
November PFA meeting 7th November 2017
January PFA meeting 16th January 2018
February PFA meeting 13th February 2018
April PFA meeting 24th April 2018
June PFA meeting 12th June 2018
July PFA meeting 10th July 2018 - planning for the coming year.