Sacrament of Confirmation
The celebration of the sacrament of Confirmation for the pupils in school in the Dewsbury, Batley and Birstall areas will be on Thursday 1st February 2024 celebrated by Bishop Marcus. This will take place at 7pm at Holy Spirit Church in Heckmondwike.
Meetings for parents and pupils:
Thursday 23rd November at 3:40pm (Class 6)
This will be an introductory meeting with Miss Gott, Mrs Walker and Father Eamonn to explain the process and the expectations of school, families and the pupils in the preparation and receiving of this wonderful sacrament. The application form must be handed in.
Saturday 25th November at 6pm Mass at St Patrick's Church
The candidates will be presented to the St Patrick's parish as they begin their journey of preparation.
Tuesday 16th January at 3:40pm (Class 6)
This will be a discussion about what will happen at the Confirmation Mass on Thursday 1st February:
- What the candidate must do and wear
- What the sponsor must do
- We will end this session with a short liturgy focussing on our chosen saints names.
- Week beginning Monday 27th November Session 1 (Session 2 to be taken home)
- Week beginning Monday 4th December Session 3 (Session 4 to be taken home)
- Week beginning Monday 11th December Session 5 (Session 6 to be taken home)
- Week beginning Monday 8th January Session 7 (Session 8 to be taken home)
- Week beginning Monday 15th January Session 9 (Session 10 to be taken home)
- Week beginning Monday 22nd January Session 11 (Session 12 to be taken home)
There are a total of twelve preparation session booklets, we will be leading six of these sessions during the school day and ask that the child with the support of parents, complete one at home before the next session (six in total).