The school governors are responsible for the vision and strategic direction of St Patrick's Primary School. They hold the Headteacher to account for how well pupils achieve and progress educationally, for the quality of teaching and ensuring clarity of the Catholic vision. They also oversee how the school spends its money, making sure the school stays in budget and receives value for money.
The Full Governing Body meets once a term but there are a number of sub-committees that meet several times a term and these are where the work of the governing body is largely carried out. The core sub-committees are:
- Catholic Life Committee which is responsible for ensuring we live, learn and grow in the Light of Christ
- Standards Committee which is responsible for the curriculum and school improvement.
- Resources Committee which is responsible for staffing, finance, and premises.
There are also a number of other sub-committees that come together as and when required: Admissions, Staff Dismissal, Dismissal Appeal, and Pupil Discipline.
In addition, a number of governors also have special responsibilities: Special Educational Needs, Governor Training, Looked after Children, Child Protection, Safeguarding, Early Years, Religious Education, Health and Safety and Pupil Premium.
Below provides the names of the schools Governing Body.
|Chair and Foundation Governor||Mrs. C Wiles|
|Vice-Chair and Foundation Governor||Mrs. E English|
|Foundation||Mrs N Morris|
|Foundation||Mr. I Mallett|
|Mrs. M Travis|
|Parent||Mr C Marsden|
|Staffing||Miss J Smith|
|Ex-Officio||Mrs C Moulding|
Latest Governor Meetings Events
- Catholic Life Sub-Committee29Jan2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm @ School
- Resources Sub-Committee Meeting10Feb2021
3:45 pm - 5:15 pm @ TBC
- Full Governing Body24Feb2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ Microsoft Teams