Mental Health and Wellbeing
Here at St Patrick's Catholic Primary Academy, we aim to ensure that children learn how to become aware and learn about their own mental health and wellbeing.
We aim to ensure that all children feel happy, comfortable and where children are struggling with their mental health, we put the appropriate measures in place in order to help them. We aim to provide a calming environment for all children to improve the mental health and wellbeing of all.
We support our children with their mental health in the following ways:
- Identify where extra support is needed
- Interventions put in place where needed
- Working with outside agencies to make referrals if children are struggling with their mental health and wellbeing
- Meetings with parents to discuss any concerns and how we can help a child moving forward
- Supporting children through the use of our 'Smile Squad' who support their peers with wellbeing
- The use of the Zones of Regulation for all children
- Training for some staff members to become Mental Health First Aider trained, so that early identification can be acted upon and appropriate resources can be accessed.
Below are some useful links that can be used at home to help your child with their mental health and wellbeing
A website to help children with calming exercises. There are lots of games they can play, along with videos and activities to try.
Advice on how to keep calm and advice on worries.
A variety of activities helping children to get active, lots of dance routines and songs to learn!
Supporting children to choose healthier options.
Cosmic Yoga for children to help with calming down.
Support for parents with your child's mental health.
Free Wellbeing Journal from 'Outside the Box', helping children with their wellbeing through a range of different activities.
We also have the Zones of Regulation resources which can be found under the 'Our Parents' tab, followed by 'Our Zones of Regulation'.