Our Smile Squad
Our Smile Squad is made up of two members from each class who have taken on the role of supporting their classmates and others around school with their mental health and wellbeing. The Smile Squad meet on a monthly basis and some of their responsibilities and upcoming projects are outlined below:
- Supporting classmates and others around school with their mental health and wellbeing by being approachable, a good listener and a friend to all.
- Promote wellbeing and a healthy lifestyle.
- Developing a ‘Buddy Bench’ for the playground to offer support when people need a friend.
- Helping develop the school environment by creating displays, special areas, or calm places within the school.
- Running mindfulness lunchtime clubs, including activities likes board games, colouring and reading.
- Promote special days or events that have a focus on wellbeing, for example: Children’s Mental Health Week and Anti-Bullying Week.
- Raise money for mental health charities.
- Creating a Wellbeing part of the school newsletter that focusses on ways to support wellbeing.
- Supporting and promoting the use of the Zones of Regulation within the classroom.
- Providing each class with weekly wellbeing quotes.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Week 7th February 2022
As part of Mental Health and Wellbeing Week, the Smile Squad took part in delivering our assembly. The Smile Squad then met with the our local police officers who came into to talk to use about being keeping safe and their job in our community. We also had the chance to meet with the Deputy Mayor.
We had so much fun completing wellbeing activities this week!
Meet the team!
You will find our Smile Squad members around school with yellow smiley face badges!
Our Meeting notes and Agendas